Re: Thanks Guys

  • peter_vcb
    Message 1 of 23 , May 1, 2003
      i have named my various batches liver-killer, widowmaker and Imperial
      Count Petrovsky (after myself!)

      what does "na zdarovja" mean??

      Peter
    • waljaco
      Message 2 of 23 , May 1, 2003
        The Russian form for the toast 'Good Health' is "na zdorov'je"
        (Cyrillic script), the Polish is "na zdrowie", the Ukrainian is "na
        zdorovja" (Cyrillic script). The j is pronounces as the y in young or
        j in jung.
        Wal
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "peter_vcb"
        <viciousblackout@y...> wrote:
        > i have named my various batches liver-killer, widowmaker and
        Imperial
        > Count Petrovsky (after myself!)
        >
        > what does "na zdarovja" mean??
        >

        > Peter
      • Darryl Ward
        Message 3 of 23 , May 1, 2003
          Hello Wal

          Are you by any chance a Polish Count?

          The reason I am asking as I used to know one who lived in New Zealand for a
          while, Count Geoffrey Potocki de Montalk.

          He was a very fascinating and extremely eccentric individual.

          Darryl

          I do not suppose he is a relative?

          > The Russian form for the toast 'Good Health' is "na zdorov'je"
          > (Cyrillic script), the Polish is "na zdrowie", the Ukrainian is "na
          > zdorovja" (Cyrillic script). The j is pronounces as the y in young or
          > j in jung.
          > Wal
          > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "peter_vcb"
          > <viciousblackout@y...> wrote:
          > > i have named my various batches liver-killer, widowmaker and
          > Imperial
          > > Count Petrovsky (after myself!)
          > >
          > > what does "na zdarovja" mean??
          > >

          > > Peter

        • waljaco
          Message 4 of 23 , May 1, 2003
            A Polish Count? Nuh!
            Eccentric? Maybe.
            The Potocki family is well known in Polish history, but Geoffrey is
            not a common Polish name and the de Montalk is a strange francized
            form (My-talk?) - maybe appropriate for an eccentric individual.
            Relative? I hope not.
            Waldemar von Nordhausen
            --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Darryl Ward" <taliesin@p...>
            wrote:
            > Hello Wal
            >
            > Are you by any chance a Polish Count?
            >
            > The reason I am asking as I used to know one who lived in New
            Zealand for a
            > while, Count Geoffrey Potocki de Montalk.
            >
            > He was a very fascinating and extremely eccentric individual.
            >
            > Darryl
            >
            > I do not suppose he is a relative?

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

          • William Coyne
            Message 5 of 23 , May 1, 2003
              Thanks,

              LOL
              Good luck with your enterprise Bill ... but for goodness sake, don't call it
              "Harrod's Vodka"
              Mike N

              Do you Yahoo!?

            • William Coyne
              Message 6 of 23 , May 1, 2003

                  The attorney asked how much we had invested and
                could I show reciepts for it for a possible name buy-out (I
                couldn't).  I was asked to swag a number and they'ld cut a check, but
                my pride wouldn't allow me to do it since I felt we were right and
                it's the principle, right?

                If your happy, you did the right thing.  What was the name they wanted?

                Bill

                Do you Yahoo!?
              • confederaterebel@aol.com
                Message 7 of 23 , May 1, 2003
                  I know the names get old after awhile but my personal favorite is what the old timers called "squirrel liquer".  Ya drink enough "shine" and ya drop yer gun and climb the tree and get the squirrel with yer bare hands........lmao. I don't believe this is a copyright but check first.
                • Chris Alexander
                  Message 8 of 23 , May 2, 2003
                    Nobody has chased me down yet for using Regocijo de Burro. For you
                    english speakers, it translates as Donkey's Delight, named for the
                    famous Burro de la Roqueta, an alchoholic donkey who for twenty years
                    earned a living for his owner chugging beers for tourists.

                    cheers.............................................Gringo Chris
                  • brain_solenoid
                    Message 9 of 23 , May 2, 2003
                      > .............Donkey's Delight, named for the
                      > famous Burro de la Roqueta, an alchoholic donkey who for twenty
                      > years earned a living for his owner chugging beers for tourists.

                      Hahahahaha! I love it! A beer chuggin' donkey......sure beats the
                      dog I had that would lap up all the spilled beer at parties.

                      I guess you could say he made an "ass" of himself! Oh, man, I
                      couldn't resist!

                      Actually, this is a neat thread..........giving names denotes pride
                      in our work.
                      Anyone else have names that they use for their handcrafted home
                      Distillery?

                      Regards,
                      BS
                    • Jan Holten
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 2, 2003
                        brain_solenoid wrote:

                        Actually, this is a neat thread..........giving names denotes pride in our work.
                        Anyone else have names that they use for their handcrafted home Distillery?

                        Yes; I call my booze 'Copperhead' -- it bites :-/ The attached label is my latest;
                        'Kubanskaya', a flavored vodka.

                        Jan.
                      • Brian Rowe
                        Message 11 of 23 , May 2, 2003
                          I call my creations "Boot Licker"

                          > Actually, this is a neat thread..........giving names denotes pride in our
                          work.
                          > Anyone else have names that they use for their handcrafted home
                          Distillery?

                          > Yes; I call my booze 'Copperhead' -- it bites :-/ The attached
                          label is my latest;
                          > 'Kubanskaya', a flavored vodka.
                          >

                          > Jan.
                          >

                          > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                        • brain_solenoid
                          Message 12 of 23 , May 3, 2003
                            How do you attach files to these posts? I was trying to upload my
                            label, but can't seem to find the selectable to allow me to do
                            that........

                            Thanks!
                            BS
                          • William Coyne
                            Message 13 of 23 , May 3, 2003
                              If you are using yahoo for email, look under subject for the "attach files" link.

                              Let me know what email software you are using if your not writing from Yahoo's internet page.

                              I am sending an attachment just to make sure I can do what I said.

                              The attachment is nothing.

                              Bill

                              brain_solenoid <brain_solenoid@...> wrote:
                              How do you attach files to these posts?  I was trying to upload my
                              label, but can't seem to find the selectable to allow me to do
                              that........

                              Thanks!
                              BS

                              Do you Yahoo!?
                            • spoliatio
                              Message 14 of 23 , May 4, 2003
                                Hi Brian
                                If you use Outlook Express for your " normal " mail just attach your
                                picture in the usual way, subject, Thanks Guys, and address the post
                                to new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
                                Look forward to seeing your label.
                                Spoliatio

                                --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "brain_solenoid"