Re: Thanks Guys

  • brain_solenoid
    Message 1 of 23 , Apr 30, 2003
      I use "Smuggler's Cove", after a local bootlegging drop off point on
      the coast.

      BS

      > I reckon it would take a fair few drinks just to say it.
      > ill stick to
      > "na zdarovja"
      >
      > Darryl Ward wrote:
      > > The "brand name" I use for my vodka is "Chyetirye Lapi" which is
      Russian
      > > for "Four Paws".
      > >
      > > It is called this because you need all four limbs to walk on if
      you
      > > drink enough of it!
    • peter_vcb
      Message 2 of 23 , May 1, 2003
        i have named my various batches liver-killer, widowmaker and Imperial
        Count Petrovsky (after myself!)

        what does "na zdarovja" mean??

        Peter
      • waljaco
        Message 3 of 23 , May 1, 2003
          The Russian form for the toast 'Good Health' is "na zdorov'je"
          (Cyrillic script), the Polish is "na zdrowie", the Ukrainian is "na
          zdorovja" (Cyrillic script). The j is pronounces as the y in young or
          j in jung.
          Wal
          --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "peter_vcb"
          <viciousblackout@y...> wrote:
          > i have named my various batches liver-killer, widowmaker and
          Imperial
          > Count Petrovsky (after myself!)
          >
          > what does "na zdarovja" mean??
          >

          > Peter
        • Darryl Ward
          Message 4 of 23 , May 1, 2003
            Hello Wal

            Are you by any chance a Polish Count?

            The reason I am asking as I used to know one who lived in New Zealand for a
            while, Count Geoffrey Potocki de Montalk.

            He was a very fascinating and extremely eccentric individual.

            Darryl

            I do not suppose he is a relative?

            > The Russian form for the toast 'Good Health' is "na zdorov'je"
            > (Cyrillic script), the Polish is "na zdrowie", the Ukrainian is "na
            > zdorovja" (Cyrillic script). The j is pronounces as the y in young or
            > j in jung.
            > Wal
            > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "peter_vcb"
            > <viciousblackout@y...> wrote:
            > > i have named my various batches liver-killer, widowmaker and
            > Imperial
            > > Count Petrovsky (after myself!)
            > >
            > > what does "na zdarovja" mean??
            > >

            > > Peter

          • waljaco
            Message 5 of 23 , May 1, 2003
              A Polish Count? Nuh!
              Eccentric? Maybe.
              The Potocki family is well known in Polish history, but Geoffrey is
              not a common Polish name and the de Montalk is a strange francized
              form (My-talk?) - maybe appropriate for an eccentric individual.
              Relative? I hope not.
              Waldemar von Nordhausen
              --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Darryl Ward" <taliesin@p...>
              wrote:
              > Hello Wal
              >
              > Are you by any chance a Polish Count?
              >
              > The reason I am asking as I used to know one who lived in New
              Zealand for a
              > while, Count Geoffrey Potocki de Montalk.
              >
              > He was a very fascinating and extremely eccentric individual.
              >
              > Darryl
              >
              > I do not suppose he is a relative?

              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

            • William Coyne
              Message 6 of 23 , May 1, 2003
                Thanks,

                LOL
                Good luck with your enterprise Bill ... but for goodness sake, don't call it
                "Harrod's Vodka"
                Mike N

                Do you Yahoo!?

              • William Coyne
                Message 7 of 23 , May 1, 2003

                    The attorney asked how much we had invested and
                  could I show reciepts for it for a possible name buy-out (I
                  couldn't).  I was asked to swag a number and they'ld cut a check, but
                  my pride wouldn't allow me to do it since I felt we were right and
                  it's the principle, right?

                  If your happy, you did the right thing.  What was the name they wanted?

                  Bill

                  Do you Yahoo!?
                • confederaterebel@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 23 , May 1, 2003
                    I know the names get old after awhile but my personal favorite is what the old timers called "squirrel liquer".  Ya drink enough "shine" and ya drop yer gun and climb the tree and get the squirrel with yer bare hands........lmao. I don't believe this is a copyright but check first.
                  • Chris Alexander
                    Message 9 of 23 , May 2, 2003
                      Nobody has chased me down yet for using Regocijo de Burro. For you
                      english speakers, it translates as Donkey's Delight, named for the
                      famous Burro de la Roqueta, an alchoholic donkey who for twenty years
                      earned a living for his owner chugging beers for tourists.

                      cheers.............................................Gringo Chris
                    • brain_solenoid
                      Message 10 of 23 , May 2, 2003
                        > .............Donkey's Delight, named for the
                        > famous Burro de la Roqueta, an alchoholic donkey who for twenty
                        > years earned a living for his owner chugging beers for tourists.

                        Hahahahaha! I love it! A beer chuggin' donkey......sure beats the
                        dog I had that would lap up all the spilled beer at parties.

                        I guess you could say he made an "ass" of himself! Oh, man, I
                        couldn't resist!

                        Actually, this is a neat thread..........giving names denotes pride
                        in our work.
                        Anyone else have names that they use for their handcrafted home
                        Distillery?

                        Regards,
                        BS
                      • Jan Holten
                        Message 11 of 23 , May 2, 2003
                          brain_solenoid wrote:

                          Actually, this is a neat thread..........giving names denotes pride in our work.
                          Anyone else have names that they use for their handcrafted home Distillery?

                          Yes; I call my booze 'Copperhead' -- it bites :-/ The attached label is my latest;
                          'Kubanskaya', a flavored vodka.

                          Jan.
                        • Brian Rowe
                          Message 12 of 23 , May 2, 2003
                            I call my creations "Boot Licker"

                            > Actually, this is a neat thread..........giving names denotes pride in our
                            work.
                            > Anyone else have names that they use for their handcrafted home
                            Distillery?

                            > Yes; I call my booze 'Copperhead' -- it bites :-/ The attached
                            label is my latest;
                            > 'Kubanskaya', a flavored vodka.
                            >

                            > Jan.
                            >

                            > Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

                          • brain_solenoid
                            Message 13 of 23 , May 3, 2003
                              How do you attach files to these posts? I was trying to upload my
                              label, but can't seem to find the selectable to allow me to do
                              that........

                              Thanks!
                              BS
                            • William Coyne
                              Message 14 of 23 , May 3, 2003
                                If you are using yahoo for email, look under subject for the "attach files" link.

                                Let me know what email software you are using if your not writing from Yahoo's internet page.

                                I am sending an attachment just to make sure I can do what I said.

                                The attachment is nothing.

                                Bill

                                brain_solenoid <brain_solenoid@...> wrote:
                                How do you attach files to these posts?  I was trying to upload my
                                label, but can't seem to find the selectable to allow me to do
                                that........

                                Thanks!
                                BS

                                Do you Yahoo!?
                              • spoliatio
                                Message 15 of 23 , May 4, 2003
                                  Hi Brian
                                  If you use Outlook Express for your " normal " mail just attach your
                                  picture in the usual way, subject, Thanks Guys, and address the post
                                  to new_distillers@yahoogroups.com
                                  Look forward to seeing your label.
                                  Spoliatio

                                  --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "brain_solenoid"