Re: Greetings from a ............................

  • Chris Alexander
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2003
      William, i myself am on the same track. Mexico has a tradition of
      small pueblo moonshiners supplying the neighborhood. I would recomend
      starting out with a smaller still( mine is a 40 liter pot still) and
      learn the basics as well as different recipes, aging etc. so you can
      end up with a great product. i run around 150 liters a week of
      different washes, and try to distill 4 times, keeping track of data
      and taste of each different batch. Sugar is expensive. cane should be
      very cheap, as well as corn( more work). there are also recipes using
      feed grain in Homedistiller. my favorite is utilizing overripe
      tropical fruits from the market, going to start experimenting w cane
      juice. you can order a book on working w copper and then build your
      own still. most larger ones i have seen pictures of are pot stills w
      large, tall columns. info i read says water bath not efficient over
      100 gal. mostly use gas or steam coil inside vessel.

      have been working on this idea, after researching, for 6 months. i
      hope to have a saleable product in another year and a half of
      research, distilling and fabricating. maybe three years of hard work
      more and i can retire on the beach.

      es en mi experiencia..................................Gringo Chris