RE: [new_distillers] Re: Aluminium Pressure Cooker?

  • Robert N
    Message 1 of 12 , Apr 17, 2003

      Personally I use an angle grinder with a cutting disc, for larger holes and either a heavy duty hole cutter or the sloooow method is to buy a packet of 1/8” drills there cheap and you WILL break them. Scribe a line where you wish the hole to be, centre punch around the inside for the drill bit to do its job. Then set to work drilling out sequential holes. Be precise and don’t let the drill bit wander, use oil to lubricate the cutting, cool the job down when you see it turning blue. When the drill bit starts to wander replace the bit or sharpen it. Take your time and then use a hand file or air grinding bit (or electric dremel) to remove the excess material. BTW If you have an oops while you are grinding or drilling you can always weld it up.

      Yours in Spirit

      Robert