Storing cut distillate in plastic bottles

  • pipefitterbill2003
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 12, 2003
      Has any one had any problems with storing your cut distillate in
      plastic bottles, such as used cola, or club soda bottles? I have
      noticed that many commercial distillaries are using plastic now. It
      seems that I have read that plastic may degrade or give the alcohol
      off flavors if stored in them. Any advice is much appreciated, Bill
    • waljaco
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 13, 2003
        It is important to know the composition of the plastic. For example a
        common chemical used in plastics is bisphenol A which has caused
        birth defects in mice. Why not play safe when glass and copper
        arereadily available and reasonably priced?
        Wal

        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "pipefitterbill2003"