Re: How I tripled the output of my amazing still ...

  • abbababbaccc
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 10, 2003
      Yes, I collected roughly half of the volume. That way I have ~90% of
      the available alcohol collected for redistillation with reflux still.
      If I had 18% mash to start with I'd have ~34% ABV output when
      collecting half. Just like with regular pot still. If I only
      collected one fourth I'd have higher % but I'd leave a lot of alcohol
      in the mash. I'm doing stripping runs, not final product.

      Greetz, Riku

      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "harley_daschund"
      <harley_daschund@h...> wrote:
      > Am I reading correctly that you started with 7-8% wash and,after
      > distilling,you only had 16-18% ABV...?....:>)
      >
      > --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "abbababbaccc"
      > <abbababbaccc@y...> wrote:
      > > Well, (snip)..... I started with 12 liters of malt
      > > mash at ~7-8%....... My alcometer gave a reading of 16-
      > > 18% ....

    • harley_daschund
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 10, 2003
        Sorry...didnt realize you were using it as a stripper....:>)