Wash on yeast

  • rukus_t
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2003
      Is there any problem with leaving a sugar wash sitting on the yeast
      after it is done doing it's thing? I have used the 48 hour yeast a
      few times and find after it's done there is still a lot of yeast
      suspended in the mash. Can it be left alone for several days to
      settle out? Or can one just dump the entire thing in the boiler? I
      would imagine in the boiler would be the least favarable way to go.
      Any suggestions would be great.

      Rukus
    • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2003
        > Can it be left alone for several days to settle out?

        Yes. That works very well.

        Tony
      • Paul Ihrig
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2003
          i usually transfer it twice.
          let it settle 24 hours between each transfer.

          probably the same steps i use to make beer...
          mmm... beer...