Plastic Still and bakers yeast

  • Zoran Vujcic
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 31, 2003
      95+ is confusing. Maximum is 95.4 vol%.

      Bakers yeast work fine at 35 deg C, but is better for fuel alcohol production. It can survive at 15% alcohol. Depends of particular strain

      Zoran
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 31, 2003

        I believe that maximum is actually 96.something.

        Bakers yeast work fine at 35 deg C, but is better for fuel alcohol production. It can survive at 15% alcohol. Depends of particular strain

        Zoran

        You may have been watching threads about my plastic still.
        Here are some preliminary pics.

        It will cost about $AUS100 + boiler + thermometer to make or buy.
        It is portable, simple and produces rock solid performance at 95%+

        If you are interested in more details, email me...

        Greg

      • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 31, 2003
          > 95+ is confusing. Maximum is 95.4 vol%.

          Depends on what units you want to use... at 78.15 C you can have:
          89.4% (molar basis)
          95.6% (mass basis)
          96.5% (voume basis)

          Tony
        • Greg Denehy
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 1 5:47 AM

            Ok,  Doesn’t my hydrometer measure volume basis?

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 1 2:41 PM
              I do not know what your hydrometer looks like.
              But what does the manual say?

              I have several aerometers and with them I can measure the density up
              to an accuracy of 0,001 gram/litre (at 20 °C)
              With a conversion table (if added it just to the FILES) you can see
              the realtion between density and % alcohol by volume.

              greetings

              Moutwijn

              accuracy they use--- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "Greg
              Denehy" <greg@t...> wrote:
              > Ok, Doesn't my hydrometer measure volume basis?

              <http://rd.yahoo.com/M=246920.2960106.4328965.1728375/D=egroupweb/S=1
              705

              041694:HM/A=1513703/R=0/*http:/www.gotomypc.com/u/tr/yh/cpm/grp/300_0
              6F/