RE: [new_distillers] A big thankyou!!

  • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23 11:51 AM
      > By the way, how much packing IS right for SS scrubbers.
      > I now have 2 scrubbers in each 600mm x 25mm tube.

      Theres a real difference when packing the different diameters.
      A 2" column - the scrubbers tend to slide in nicely as-is, and take up about 2-3" of height - need bags of them to fill a 1.2-1.5m column.
      If 1.5" diameter - you only need about 6-10 of them, they can be teased out to about 6" long.
      The 1" column is a real pain - like you found out - one scrubber can go a looong way, and they can tend to bunch up tight if pushed in - the only effective way I found to get them in is to first tease them out real thin, then pull them through with a bit of wire.

      Great to hear that you're now having sucess. Another satisfied convert ?

      Tony