Re: [new_distillers] safety

  • G&N
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 4, 2001
      electric is not a problem providing you have no leaks..you wouldn't want it
      to drip onto the hot plate..what do you do for the water source? being in
      the attic!!LOL you should have some sort of ventilation though..even an
      exhaust fan..the fumes might get a bit strong...
      thanks Glenn
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 4, 2001
        Waters not a problem, the room was set up as a dark room, hence the
        lack of windows! I have access holes into the eaves of the house. If
        I set up a fan to move the air around do you think that this wil
        suffice?
      • ups474@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 4, 2001
          quisling3204@... writes:

          <<

          Electric heat is the safest you can use when distilling (using a propane
          burner with no ventilation will kill you with carbon monoxide fumes) If you
          insist on having no fresh air blowing through, at least make sure you have a
          very effecient condensor- if alcohol manages to get out as a vapor, and that
          vapor builds up in the room and contacts the heating element- BOOM!