Re: [new_distillers] beer keg cleaning

  • Bob Bourne
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
      Bob, if you are using it for sugar washes, just empty it and hose-rinse it.
      Besides heater elements screw out after disconnecting cables, but I have
      not taken mine out so far. Shine at torch in and it looks clean as a
      whistle.
      Reima

      Thanks Reima,

      That centre bit on a keg, it just screws out? I've got one coming but I
      haven't got my hands on it yet!

      And the curtain around the top with the handles built in, did you take that
      off yours?

      Nice job by the way if I may say so, very useful.

      Bob.
    • Reima
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
        Yes Bob, Press down the rubber plug first to relieve pressure, then a large pipe wrench will screw it out.
        No, somebody had used it as a mooring buoy or float something???
        Reima

        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
          Yes Bob, Press down the rubber plug first to relieve pressure, then a large
          pipe wrench will screw it out.
          No, somebody had used it as a mooring buoy or float something???
          Reima

          Ha! The versatile beer keg!
        • BOKAKOB
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003

            you betcha!!! stop skimmin' on labor! do it RIGHT

             Bob Bourne <bourne@...> wrote:

            I'm looking for the simplest way to use a 45 litre beer keg as a boiler -
            without cutting holes in it and using gas under it.

            Reima's Still (Distillers Files - Photos - attachment).

            My question is: Are there any problems cleaning it, filling it, emptying it
            etc.

            Bob Bourne.

            > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg name=Keg fitting.jpg

            I can be wrong I must say.
            Cheers, Alex...

            Do you Yahoo!?