Re: [new_distillers] beer keg cleaning

  • Reima
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
      Bob, if you are using it for sugar washes, just empty it and hose-rinse it.
      Besides heater elements screw out after disconnecting cables, but I have
      not taken mine out so far. Shine at torch in and it looks clean as a whistle.
      Reima
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
        Bob, if you are using it for sugar washes, just empty it and hose-rinse it.
        Besides heater elements screw out after disconnecting cables, but I have
        not taken mine out so far. Shine at torch in and it looks clean as a
        whistle.
        Reima

        Thanks Reima,

        That centre bit on a keg, it just screws out? I've got one coming but I
        haven't got my hands on it yet!

        And the curtain around the top with the handles built in, did you take that
        off yours?

        Nice job by the way if I may say so, very useful.

        Bob.
      • Reima
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
          Yes Bob, Press down the rubber plug first to relieve pressure, then a large pipe wrench will screw it out.
          No, somebody had used it as a mooring buoy or float something???

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003
            Yes Bob, Press down the rubber plug first to relieve pressure, then a large
            pipe wrench will screw it out.
            No, somebody had used it as a mooring buoy or float something???
            Reima

            Ha! The versatile beer keg!
          • BOKAKOB
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 1, 2003

              you betcha!!! stop skimmin' on labor! do it RIGHT

               Bob Bourne <bourne@...> wrote:

              I'm looking for the simplest way to use a 45 litre beer keg as a boiler -
              without cutting holes in it and using gas under it.

              Reima's Still (Distillers Files - Photos - attachment).

              My question is: Are there any problems cleaning it, filling it, emptying it
              etc.

              Bob Bourne.

              > ATTACHMENT part 2 image/jpeg name=Keg fitting.jpg

              I can be wrong I must say.
              Cheers, Alex...

              Do you Yahoo!?