Re: Watts

  • peter_vcb <viciousblackout@yahoo.com>
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 12, 2003
      Hi Andy
      like you say, that doesnt add up. i would think 2400w with a 50mm
      column is still to much power i would try for half that. you could
      hook up the 2 elements in series to reduce the power and still get a
      6kw heat up. how do you have the 3.6kW element hooked up? into a
      cooker socket? are you sure it really is 3.6kw and suited to your
      voltage? (e.g. an american 1.5kw element is 6.6kw when used in
      europe) what is your voltage? if the 3.6 works better than the 2.4
      then it should be a lower power. i'd say the scrubbers take up even
      less than 1/10 the the space. i imagine my bag of 18 scrubbers weighs
      less than a solid s/s cylinder 50mm diameter and 150mm high (1/10th
      my column). 93% from a 700mm column with marbles doesnt add up
      either. my old column was 680mm and 75mm diameter with scrubbers and
      i could only get 93% at very high reflux ratios, with marbles i dont
      think i would have got near that. also what do you mean by "output as
      in recovery was only a drip a second" i hope it doesnt mean you only
      got one drip a second output running at 3.6kw, if so your reflux
      ration is sky high. what sort of reflux system have you got?

      Peter-

      -- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "andy <homebreden@o...>"