Re: [new_distillers] Need Help and less water

  • BillyWeeble@cs.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 6, 2003
      packandship2002@... writes:

      << To use a 100 gallon distiller, how much sugar and yeast do I need and
      what's the best type of yeast to use. I know I need 100 gallons of water >>

      This is a good example of why we start small and build on the success.
      You will not need 100 gals of water for a 100 gal fermentation. All that
      sugar (between 200 - 300lbs of it) will take up considerable space even tho
      it's dissolved in solution.
      Start with reading as much as you can about fermentation first, then
      still construction, still operation, fine points of the art, and then expand
      into the true test - actual hands on doing of that which you have read. Keep
      in mind that you can have a small boiler and a large one that your column can
      bolt onto. You can have different types of stills that can bolt onto
      different boilers. Start small so the mistakes (and there will be those) will
      be less costly and wasteful.
      When the atom was first split even those crazy scientists didn't start
      with a bomb. Take your time learning and soon you'll be having a blast! umm,
      watch those vapors...