Re: Jack Daniels

  • Michael <god@perthmail.com>
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 6, 2003
      Hi Jason. I know you were asking about flavour bases, but FYI
      anyway, John Vandermeulen has previously posted the mash bills for
      many whiskeys, including JD's.

      Jack Daniels 80% 8% 6-row 12% rye include 24% backset; collect from
      75% to 55%; try sweeten with maple syrup to mimick the sweetness from
      the "charcoal mellowing" process. Mature on heavy char American oak,
      at no stronger than 65%abv

      Personally I recommend using both the flavour base and toasted oak
      chips to get the best results out of flavouring a neutral spirit.