fuel

  • Michael Spottswood
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001
      Unfortunately i believe that the oil industry, which has George Bush written
      all over it, has America and the rest of the world for that matter by the
      ba*#s. The powerful and rich oil companies push legislation to prevent any
      type of competition. Ethanol is a renewable resource which can redily be
      made by anyone anywhere. If everyone cooked their own fuel, the oil
      industry would collapse. They say alcohol is unsafe and inefficient, then
      they push for taxes, fines, restrictions and so on so petrolium products
      will be the cheapest and most convenient type of fuel possible. I'm sorry,
      but I really don't think there is anyway to avoid the fees involved with
      producing your own fuel. It is there as a deterrant.

      Good luck and regards.
      Mike
    • Keith Addison
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 2001
        >Unfortunately i believe that the oil industry, which has George Bush written
        >all over it, has America and the rest of the world for that matter by the
        >ba*#s. The powerful and rich oil companies push legislation to prevent any
        >type of competition. Ethanol is a renewable resource which can redily be
        >made by anyone anywhere. If everyone cooked their own fuel, the oil
        >industry would collapse. They say alcohol is unsafe and inefficient, then
        >they push for taxes, fines, restrictions and so on so petrolium products
        >will be the cheapest and most convenient type of fuel possible. I'm sorry,
        >but I really don't think there is anyway to avoid the fees involved with
        >producing your own fuel. It is there as a deterrant.
        >
        >Good luck and regards.
        >Mike

        Lots of folks are doing it though, more and more. They don't
        necessarily shout about it a lot. Some even have permits, and say
        they aren't too hard to get. It's far from being a no-no.

        Keith Addison