Re: [new_distillers] Re: happy Distilling

  • dave hayward
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 3, 2003

      that sounds interesting I only make the orange Brandy which i add about one full orange zest  and then let it sit for about 2months

      It's not bad but there must be better

      I use Still Spirits here in NSW

      regards Dave

       "Michael <god@...>" <god@...> wrote:

      Campari?  That would be an orange liqueur?  Steeping of oranges would
      be an effective way to go.  There are many recipes on this and the
      Distillers group that you can try.  I couldn't find any on Campari
      itself, but there are lots of others you can try.

      Wal, our resident recipe connoisseur and historian has previously
      posted these links in regards to orange liqueurs:

      These were all posted in the following message:

      Some of these talk about fermenting oranges and then distilling,
      while some talk about steeping the oranges in the liqueur.  Another
      that works is to sit the orange above the liquer in a closed jar and
      let the oils sweat out of the fruit.

      Happy drinking
      Michael
      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, dave hayward <dh19512003@y...>
      wrote:

      > Hi to all fellow Distillers I have been Distilling for about 4
      > years up to date and am always in the need for more info on
      > distilling
      >
      > At the moment i am chasing a recipe for Campari
      >
      > I use StillSpirits essences
      >
      > regards
      >
      >  dave Fellow Distiller from Australia

      Do you Yahoo!?