happy Distilling

  • dave hayward
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 2 1:27 PM

      Hi to all fellow Distillers I have been Distilling for about 4 years up to date and am always in the need for more info on distilling

      At the moment i am chasing a recipe for Campari

      I use StillSpirits essences

      regards

       dave Fellow Distiller from Australia

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • Michael <god@perthmail.com>
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 3 9:49 PM
        Campari? That would be an orange liqueur? Steeping of oranges would
        be an effective way to go. There are many recipes on this and the
        Distillers group that you can try. I couldn't find any on Campari
        itself, but there are lots of others you can try.

        Wal, our resident recipe connoisseur and historian has previously
        posted these links in regards to orange liqueurs:

        These were all posted in the following message:

        Some of these talk about fermenting oranges and then distilling,
        while some talk about steeping the oranges in the liqueur. Another
        that works is to sit the orange above the liquer in a closed jar and
        let the oils sweat out of the fruit.

        Happy drinking
        Michael
        --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, dave hayward <dh19512003@y...>

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3 10:27 PM

          that sounds interesting I only make the orange Brandy which i add about one full orange zest  and then let it sit for about 2months

          It's not bad but there must be better

          I use Still Spirits here in NSW

          regards Dave