RE: [new_distillers] Molasses availability in Australia

  • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 27, 2003
      > I want to try to make some rum from molasses. Any thoughts
      > on where I
      > might get some in Adelaide or what sort of places in general in
      > Australia sell an appropriate Molasses? What sort of Molasses do I
      > want?

      Try bulk-goods shops - the sort where you take your own packaging and buy by the kilo. In NZ we have a range called "Bin Inn" The molasses is food grade, about NZ$1.50/kg. Far cheaper than that sold in health-food shops ($5 for 1/2 kg). These guys are also good for rolled grains, rye flakes, corn grits etc.

      Tony