PID

  • Sam & Andrew
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2003
      G,day Robert
      Attached are the pamphlets on my heat controll. The Phase control module is conected to the heat sink which in turn is conected to a digital controller which will allow control to 1C using a/c power. If using d/c power it will control to .5C. It is all conected to the thermocouple which sits in place of your usual thermometer. I have a 50l still with 2 1500w elements. Once the coloumn has heated 3/4 way up, i shut down one element and let the automated control take over. It has been advised to me to swap between elements on each run as using these devices can shorten the life of your elements. This control will keep perfect temp. (once equiliberated) without surge boiling unlike simmer controls. The only draw back to this is the price. I paid about $450.00 Aus dollars, but worth it. If you live in Aus, the company that supplied all of this was Fastron. They are at     25 Kingsley Close
                            Rowville 3178
                            Victoria Australia   ph.    (61) 3 97635155
      ps. The digital controll is fully alarmed to prevent any overheating.
      I hope this helps you out!

      Andrew