spirit hydrometers

  • blueflame456@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , May 31, 2001
      don't laugh but what kind of hydrometer is best suited for the
      m easurement of alcohl contents in the spirit world---
    • blueflame456@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , May 31, 2001
        don't laugh but what kind of hydrometer is best suited for the
        m easurement of alcohl contents in the spirit world---and where can
        one be purchased in the US
      • tedsims@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2001
          Home Brewing Supplies in Lilburn, Georgia carries Proof/Tralle
          scale hydrometers. (770) 638-8383 I don't know if they take
          orders over the phone but if not I'm sure they can tell you the
          distributor. You also need one of those long test-tube like things
          to use it with. This is where I could use some help. The one I
          was using for beer has been completely destoyed by the high
          proof alcohol (crazes, then crack; if you don't rinse it, melts). I
          need one that isn't plastic. Oddly, Home Brewing Supplies does
          not know where to find a glass one, only the usual plastic ones
          made by Fermtech that will fail almost immediately.

          --- In new_distillers@y..., blueflame456@y... wrote:
          > don't laugh but what kind of hydrometer is best suited for the
          > m easurement of alcohl contents in the spirit world---and
          where can
          > one be purchased in the US
        • Matt
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 1, 2001
            On Thu, May 31, 2001 at 10:40:25PM -0000, blueflame456@... wrote:
            > don't laugh but what kind of hydrometer is best suited for the
            > m easurement of alcohl contents in the spirit world---and where can
            > one be purchased in the US

            HB Instrument sells some nice hydrometers. Check out their site at
            http://www.hbinstrument.com/ and
            http://www.hbinstrument.com/site_2000/p2_42.htm in particular.

            If you order a catalog from them be sure to also request a price list with
            it.
            Matthew @ psibercom