Finally perfected my still

  • BOKAKOB
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 7, 2003

      After building my still and spending a considerable time on coming up with different condenser schemes I finally got to perfect the pot. I made the still that an inverted salad bowl rested on top of a stainless steel pot. It was marginally OK with occasional drop of the low concentration condensate here and there. The problem was that with 3 feet tall column there just was enough pressure to force some low percentage distillate through the joint between the pot and the salad bowl. Being a lazy person I usually just placed a wet rag under the drip spot. It worked well for a long time.

      Then I decided that enough id enough! So, I went to a hardware store and bought a �" wide weather stripping seal with adhesive on one side. It took 90 seconds to stick the tape and seal the bottom of the salad bowl and I don't need wet rags anymore.

      There were two varieties of the tape - white and black. I used the black one. Somehow it gave me the feel of assurance. Now my still is perfect! :-)

      I can be wrong I must say.
      Cheers, Alex...

      Do you Yahoo!?