Bouncing members - MODERATORs message

  • Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS)
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 3, 2003
      >Some mysterious reason this list has stopped emailing
      >me from both new distiller and distiller.

      General word of warning to you all ... sometimes, if Yahoo has trouble sending emails to your ISP, it will say that your account is "bouncing", and not send any more emails until you "unbounce" yourself at the website (http://www.yahoogroups.com)

      Now, your ISP may have rejected the Yahoo mail on the grounds, say for example, that it contained a virus (which incidentally, we haven't had one sent via yahoo for ages - well done guys), but thats irrelevant to Yahoo. Or even if your ISP was down for a couple of hours might be enough. Either way, they're reasonably quick to close you out.

      At present, there's about 190 "bouncing" members in our newsgroups.

      I can't do much from this end to fix the situation - all I can do is go into your "profile", and request Yahoo to send you a reminder email, to which, if you reply, they will then unbounce you. But thats all buried behind about 3 pages of Yahoo stuff, which is too slow to do for everyone.

      So - if this ever happens to you, and emails stop arriving, first place to check is the website. If you have trouble getting in there (eg subscribed by email and dont have a password), then send me a PRIVATE email (to Tony.Ackland@... , not the newsgroup) and I'll send the request for you .

      cheers

      Tony