Re: [new_distillers] vanilla extract

  • Mike Nixon
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
      cooker308 <dwightcarson@...> wrote:
      Subject: [new_distillers] vanilla extract

      Hello All
      Looking for a good recipe for Vanilla extract, I have 2 vanilla
      beans.
      Thanks in advance.
      Simply snip into pieces, about half inch is good, place in a small jar with
      a nice tight screw lid and cover in 96% ethanol. After a couple of weeks
      you will have the best vanilla extract you have ever tasted or smelled! I
      would never use the commercial stuff again in my kitchen.
      Happy cooking!
      Mike N