vanilla extract

  • cooker308 <dwightcarson@hotmail.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
      Hello All
      Looking for a good recipe for Vanilla extract, I have 2
      vanilla beans.
      Thanks in advance.
    • Mike Nixon
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 2, 2003
        cooker308 <dwightcarson@...> wrote:
        Subject: [new_distillers] vanilla extract

        Hello All
        Looking for a good recipe for Vanilla extract, I have 2 vanilla
        beans.
        Thanks in advance.
        Simply snip into pieces, about half inch is good, place in a small jar with
        a nice tight screw lid and cover in 96% ethanol. After a couple of weeks
        you will have the best vanilla extract you have ever tasted or smelled! I
        would never use the commercial stuff again in my kitchen.
        Happy cooking!
        Mike N