Re: [new_distillers] Still Spirits modification... cant make a silk purse from a sows ear..!

  • BOKAKOB
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 23, 2002

      Dont despair, I am sure the still will work fine. Check this condensor -- it requires almost no parts. It works fine for a few people around here:

      I am sure with a little fixing up your still modification will work fine. It is hard to understand what causes it because you dont provide any details. Try to pin the reason why you and the floor around you is covered in ethanol. It may be one or combination of following:
      1. Increased pressure from the column.
      2. Insufficient seal connections.
      3. High temperature creating vapor pressure.
      4. Absence of air vent to relieve inside pressure.

       "dark_taet <ndistillers@...>" <ndistillers@...> wrote:

      Well guys...
      I did my mod to the Still Spirits Super Reflux.
      20modification.bmp And of course it didnt work....<sigh> Basically the pressure blows the liquid back up the riser etc.. spent several hours and ended up covering the room and myself in ethanol...  Yes sounds good but trust me cranky wife all bad.
      So apart from adding a longer column which improves aste, forget it...  If you want anything above 85% then take it out the back and drive over it a couple of times and then make the Nixon head.
      Anyway thought i should post back so everyone could enefit from my experiments.. and of course get a good giggle. Now on that note, i am finding it bloody hard here in Oz to buy the bits i need.  My problem is I walk into the plumbing store and tell them i want a pipe that kinda this big, with a tap type thingo...
      And its about then they glaze over.... Does anyone have a list of the bits (in plumbing speak) i need to buy to make the Nixon condensor.. Matt

      I can be wrong I must say.
      Cheers, Alex...

      Do you Yahoo!?