looking for rum essence recipe

  • bfra6559@bigpond
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 2, 2002
       I am looking for rum essence recipes
      Thanx
    • waljaco
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 2, 2002
        Why? An essence containing chemicals can be bought.
        Maybe you mean flavor?
        Rum gets its character from distilling molasses or sugarcane juice.
        To this white rum add burnt sugar(caramel)and American oak chips(to
        imitate the used bourbon barrels which are exported to the West
        Indies. I read that some sherry is added to some rums also.

        Wal