Re: [new_distillers] Re: First Wash Questions

  • John Vandermeulen
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 28, 2002
      Hello pleasinsqueezin,
      the too vigorous frothing over of your wash results from massive release of
      CO2, that sits dissolved in the wash, and comes from the sugar-alcohol
      conversion. Stirring the wash acts to release that unseen CO2 - so, the
      answer to your question is that "yes, it's good" although messy.
      .
      You will get the same instantaneous foaming if you were to pour some extra
      sugar into the wash. That sugar will act as fine nucleating points for the
      CO2 to stick onto, and then come out of solution - just as described by ian.
      John