Re: water pumps

  • tony6163
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 27, 2002
      Hi Bruce,

      I have similar concerns regarding water and the same still as yours
      (except for a few mods) I purchased one of those big plastic storage
      containers and a Pondmaster PM-1500 submersible pump. The pump cost
      $150, but Ive seen them cheaper. I drilled out some 1/2" S/S rod to
      slide over the 1/4" tube and araldited in place to accept the garden
      hose with 3 hose clamps to stop leaks. With this setup the pump can
      manage about 1 litre per min and so far I have not had any problems
      with this flow rate although after about 4hrs operation I need to do
      a partial water change to keep the temperature down. For a pic of my
      setup click here

      setup.JPG

      good luck

      Tony