Re: [new_distillers] Re: larger graph

  • John Vandermeulen
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 26, 2002
      Hello,
      I noticed your question to Tony A. re a larger print-out. I did that by
      saving the graph to one of my own 'folders', and then picking it up with
      either Printshop or Photodeluxe and enlarging it in those formats.
      John V

      Ackland, Tony (CALNZAS) wrote:

      > Rob,
      >
      > > Nice graph. Do you have it as an Excel spreadsheet perhaps, so I can
      > print out a larger page?
      >
      > No - I dont have it for that exact graph, but the following data is from
      > a textbook (Liquid-vapour Equilibrium data for Ethanol-Water: Perry
      > 13-12), as "mole fraction". I've since converted it to mass % (not quite
      > the same as % by volume) but it still gives the same idea.
      >
      > Plot on the same graph : mass faction liquid vs temp & mass fraction
      > vapour vs temp, and you'll get the same curve.
      >
      > The other thing you can do is just do a wee graph of the < 80C region,
      > and do some interpolation, to smooth it out between the missing temps & %
      >

      > Tony

      Mole Fraction Mass Fraction
      (g/g)

      Temperature Liquid (x) Vapour Liquid Vapour
      (y) (x) (y)

      100 0.000 0.000 0.0000 0.0000
      95.5 0.019 0.170 0.0472 0.3437
      89 0.072 0.389 0.1657 0.6196