Re: [new_distillers] insulation

  • BOKAKOB
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 25, 2002

      If I have time I would make it out of glass fabric used for fiberglass and Corning type of insulation. Both materials dont burn.

       John Vandermeulen <vandermeulen@...> wrote:

      Hello all,
      just a suggestion + caution re: insulating the boiler.  I know of two
      instances where old blankets and heavy towelling were wrapped around and on
      top of the boiler.  This really does shorten the heat-up time! .... but it
      gets REALLLY hot under there and the blanketing/towel can easily catch fire.
      We thought of using space blanket instead, but even that can catch fire.
      George suggested using welder's fabric.  It could be doubled and sewn into a
      long pocket, then stuffed with some sort of inflammable insulating material -
      fibreglass?
      John V

      I can be wrong I must say.
      Cheers, Alex...