How long can you keep a wash?

  • devnull212002
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 25, 2002
      Hello. I recently started distilling some poitin. (Well about a month
      and a half ago...) It stopped bubbling about two weeks ago, but I
      have been out of town and my roommate neglected to tell me till I got
      back.

      Anywho, the mix is coming out at 10.20 when I check it with the
      hydrometer. How long can you keep a finished wash? Also, is there a
      way to ferment this some more? I know that I should be looking for a
      lower number, but not sure what the diff is.

      Also, has anybody used one of those auto siphons? I cannot get it to
      work properly. (Small problem..) Thanks for the info.