Re: low output?

  • CornFed (Randy)
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 24, 2002
      --- In new_distillers@y..., Darrell Fuhriman <darrell@g...> wrote:
      > "CornFed (Randy)" <cornfed15@h...> writes:
      >
      > > you didnt mention what size tubing you have on the out-take,
      however.

      > 1/4" copper tubing.
      >
      > > It sounds like you have a plugged tube on the out-take. or else
      you

      > I thought of that, but we tested it by dumping water directly
      > into the condenser, and it flows out just fine.

      alright do a cold flow test and confirm it. pour a measured liter
      of liquid into the top and see how long it takes to get it out the
      bottom.

      Usually the solution is very simple and right in front of you. try
      removing the needle valve and see if you get a good flow. Loose
      Teflon tape pieces act funky when you heat it up. If you get good
      flow above the valve, try to test what is happening below the valve.
      Lots of construction sediment can get into unusual places. could it
      be that the compression fitting on the needle valve collapsed the
      tubing and is restricting flow? I would still double check the
      obvious and simple no matter how impossible or improbable it
      seems.

      I know a neighbor who once kicked and cursed his lawn mower for 2
      days trying to start it and then decided to check if it had gasoline
      in the tank.

      > In this case, we're using two tees, joined with a nipple.
      > Imagine a letter H, with the condenser attached to the top of one
      > arm the valves mounted in a cap below that>

      I run a set-up similar enough to call it the samething. Haveing a
      collection cup below the condensor should provide plenty of flow.

      good luck. I dont think the problem will be difficult or expensive
      to fix once you identify it.