Re: Longest Ferment

  • travellerwiz
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 21, 2002
      Unfortunately when I started this I had the attitude (Who needs a
      hydrometer)... I have now seen the error of my ways.. On a better
      note, when I arrived home last night I found that the wash was barely
      bubbling. When I checked it this morning there was no life at all..
      So it looks like it finally finished. Next time I won't make the same
      mistake!! Thanks for the help though

      -- In new_distillers@y..., John Vandermeulen <vandermeulen@n...>
      wrote:
      > Hello Traveller,
      > Use your hydrometer - measure the S.G.! Even though you may not
      have the
      > starting S.G., the ending S.G. will indicate whether you have real
      > fermentation and how far it has gone/still to go. If the S.G.
      reads at
      > 1.01-0.999, distill it.
      >
      > John V
      >
      > travellerwiz wrote:
      >
      > > Posted this in the regular Distillers group and didn't recieve a
      > > response.. Maybe I will have better luck here!!!
      > >
      > > Hi all,
      > > I have a question for all of you.. What is your longest
      > > fermentation period with Turbo Yeast. The reason I ask is because
      my
      > > wash at home has been fermenting for 4 weeks and is still going.
      This

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/