Re: What does methanol smell like?

  • peter_vcb
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 5, 2002
      if you are brewing just sugar washes you will get no methanol. you
      will get some ethyl acetate at the start though which smells bad (to
      some).

      when people say they smell meths i just presume they mean a smell
      like methylated spirits/nail varnish/turps/white spirit. a sharp
      nasty smell as oppossed to the wet cardboard smell