Re: To Many Changes...

  • nanosleep
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 31, 2002
      Sounds like your still is working. Your wash just didn't have much
      alcohol in it, or you're leaking somewhere.
      Taste a bit of the spent wash if you haven't thrown it out already.
      If it tastes sweet you can probably referment it and not waste the
      sugar.

      -A

      --- In new_distillers@y..., "Andrew Galewsky" <andy@g...> wrote:
      > Nano -
      >

      > Thanks for the info. I will track down all the leaks. The output
      that
      > I did get was very good and rum like! When the temp shot up there
      is a
      > very distinct tails smell/taste.

    • Andrew Galewsky
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 1, 2002

        Well – Yesterday afternoon I tightened all the seals, battened down the hatches and put the rest of the wash in, including the whole run from the day before.  The still worked like a champ sticking so tight to 77c that I thought the thermometer was broken.

        The wash is still very sweet – so I think that was part of the problem.