Re: locating immersion elements

  • nanosleep
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2002
      I got my elements at Home Depot. I don't know if that's a nation wide
      store, but we have tons of them here. Look in the section of the
      store with the hot water heaters. I paid about $7 for each $1500W
      element. I'm sure just about any hardware/home improvement store will
      have them. Just tell the sales guy that your hot water heater stopped
      working. I had to braze brass fittings onto my stainless boiler so I
      could screw in the elements. It works quite nicely, and makes it
      simple to replace the elements if needed. I'd recommend getting a
      professional welder for brazing. I did it myself and I had to rework
      it several times to fix leaks. I got the stainless too hot and
      warpped it. It's really UGLY, but it works.
      I don't use any power control. I plug in both elements for getting
      the wash up to temperature. I plug in only one element when
      distilling.

      -A