Elements.Copper vs Stainless steel

  • ellathai2000
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 29, 2002
      Just rang a shop about internal elements,they have 2.4 kw but asked
      if l wanted copper or stainless steel.Anyone out there with idea,s on
      this one.
    • nanosleep
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 29, 2002
        Mine was originally nice and shiny. I guess it was nickel plated.
        It's been used quite a bit and revealed that it's really copper. I
        haven't had any problems with it. A *true* stainless element would
        probably last longer, but is it worth a higher price? For me it's
        not. The copper works fine.

        -A

        --- In new_distillers@y..., "ellathai2000" <janhom1@h...> wrote:
        > Just rang a shop about internal elements,they have 2.4 kw but asked
        > if l wanted copper or stainless steel.Anyone out there with idea,s
        on
        > this one.
      • Aaron Pelly
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 29, 2002
          Your boiling wash will eat a copper one eventually. The nickel plating on
          mine was gone after one distillation. I don't know how long it will take.
          Stainless should last longer. When I did element research I found stainless
          was 3 or four times the price.