What did I wrong???

  • Makra
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 29, 2002

      Hello everybody!

      I’ve just made a first run of my Vapour Management still from Mikes’ book “The compleat distiller”. It is 32 l stainless steel pot, copper column 1,11 m. It would be a great success (no leaks found) if it worked ... L I couldn't distill almost no water at all. There was ~4 l of water in the pot, I wide opened gate valve and nothing, just a couple of drops... My digital thermometer kept showing 100.7 o C, reflux condenser coped with 1500 W electric heater etc but there was no distillation at all! Do you have any suggestions what did I wrong?

      Regards,

      Marcin