POTSTILL / mash bills

  • John Vandermeulen
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 25, 2002
      Hello all,
      FYI - herewith a table of bourbon/corn whiskey mash bills (viz. attached),
      for those of you who seek the holy grail, i.e. produce a reasonable-tasting
      bourbon. It is compiled by Jack/ups474 and myself from various sources.
      The table is attached as a WordPerfect file, and as an ASCIItext file.
      Good luck,
      John V
    • stillyaakman
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 26, 2002
        Hi, does anyone have any mash bills for Canadian whiskies?
        Dan
      • John Vandermeulen
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 27, 2002
          Hello,
          Unlike corn whiskies where grains are mixed in the mash, Canadian whiskies
          are blended from single grain distillates - as I understand it. Most Can.
          whiskies originate primarily from corn, but then blended after distillation
          with distillates from rye, barley, and wheat. The proportions are
          proprietary.
          John V