Re: [new_distillers] hi

  • Mike Seaney
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24 10:08 AM
      Ken,

      hi there. when it came to my choices, I used an old tea urn as the
      boiler. disconnect the thermostat, change the element if you wish etc.
      mine takes 25 litres nicely. good luck

      Mike
    • ken thompson
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 24 4:45 PM
        hi mike thanks for the reply :) yeah i am keepin my eye out for numerous
        things to use, its just a matter of time until i get what i need.
        so it doesnt matter what temperature you heat t6he mash to? doesnt acohol
        boil at 78 degrees celsius?
        i am thinking strongly about making a reflux still instead of a pot still
        also.
        well mike keep brewing huh? thanks for the asistance :) ken :)

        On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:08:40 +0100, new_distillers@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > Ken,
        >
        > hi there. when it came to my choices, I used an old tea urn as the
        > boiler. disconnect the thermostat, change the element if you wish etc.
        > mine takes 25 litres nicely. good luck
        >
        > Mike

        Send a cool gift with your E-Card
        http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/
      • Tony & Elle Ackland
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 24 5:01 PM
          >so it doesnt matter what temperature you heat t6he mash to?

          Correct - it will only boil at the temperature dependant on the % of alcohol present.
          Add more heat, you only create more vapour, not a hotter pot

          >doesnt acohol boil at 78 degrees celsius?

          Yes - if its pure. But if there's water around it will boil somewhere between 78 and 100C depending on the %
          Eg if the mash is only 10% alcohol, it will boil at 93 C
          There is a graph of this : http://www.geocities.com/kiwi_distiller/image/Alcohol_curve.jpg
          You can also see from this graph that the % of the vapour off the 10% mash will be 55% alcohol.

          Tony
        • chris quine
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 6, 2013

            http://www.autodooroperators.com/components/com_weblinks/facebook.php?pozwvhp882hcji

            cvquine
            chris quine
            Nothing suceeds in which high spirits play no part. Only excess of strength is proof of strength. -- Friedrich Nietzsche