hi

  • ken thompson
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 24, 2001
      hello i am a new mwmber here. i have a 25 liter vat fermenting a base
      alcohol. and i am looking to turn a pressure cooker or something like that
      into a still. if i cant get one built this batch,, then i want it for my
      next batch for sure.. :) any help would ber greatly appreciated.. ken T

      Send a cool gift with your E-Card
      http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/
    • Mike Seaney
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 24, 2001
        Ken,

        hi there. when it came to my choices, I used an old tea urn as the
        boiler. disconnect the thermostat, change the element if you wish etc.
        mine takes 25 litres nicely. good luck

        Mike
      • ken thompson
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 24, 2001
          hi mike thanks for the reply :) yeah i am keepin my eye out for numerous
          things to use, its just a matter of time until i get what i need.
          so it doesnt matter what temperature you heat t6he mash to? doesnt acohol
          boil at 78 degrees celsius?
          i am thinking strongly about making a reflux still instead of a pot still
          also.
          well mike keep brewing huh? thanks for the asistance :) ken :)

          On Tue, 24 Apr 2001 18:08:40 +0100, new_distillers@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          > Ken,
          >
          > hi there. when it came to my choices, I used an old tea urn as the
          > boiler. disconnect the thermostat, change the element if you wish etc.
          > mine takes 25 litres nicely. good luck
          >
          > Mike

          Send a cool gift with your E-Card
          http://www.bluemountain.com/giftcenter/
        • Tony & Elle Ackland
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 24, 2001
            >so it doesnt matter what temperature you heat t6he mash to?

            Correct - it will only boil at the temperature dependant on the % of alcohol present.
            Add more heat, you only create more vapour, not a hotter pot

            >doesnt acohol boil at 78 degrees celsius?

            Yes - if its pure. But if there's water around it will boil somewhere between 78 and 100C depending on the %
            Eg if the mash is only 10% alcohol, it will boil at 93 C
            There is a graph of this : http://www.geocities.com/kiwi_distiller/image/Alcohol_curve.jpg
            You can also see from this graph that the % of the vapour off the 10% mash will be 55% alcohol.

            Tony
          • chris quine
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 6, 2013

              http://www.autodooroperators.com/components/com_weblinks/facebook.php?pozwvhp882hcji

              cvquine
              chris quine
              Nothing suceeds in which high spirits play no part. Only excess of strength is proof of strength. -- Friedrich Nietzsche