Turbo Yeast & Fermentation temps

  • flyboy@mobis.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 13, 2001
      Hi group,
      I am new to this news group and have been doing a lot of reading
      about distilling. My interest started with wanting to distill water,
      and still is my primary interest. Are there any suppliers in the US
      that supply Turbo Yeast? If not, what/who is the least expensive
      place to order it?

      Many years ago I played around with winemaking and something that we
      utalized back then may be of use to some of you. I have read
      numerous posts about maintaining the temperature of the mash. We
      have a 55 gallon aquarium, in use. The water temp is maintained at
      76 degrees. I purchased 100 feet of 3/8" clear vinyl hose, and
      wrapped/coiled it around the container I used for fermentation. I
      then wrapped the bucket up with an old blanket, covering the tubing.
      The tubing was connected to a small fountain pump in the aquarium,
      which circulated the 76 degree water around my bucket and returned it
      to the aquarium. This always worked great, the heater in the
      aquarium would maintain the temp in both the aquarium and my
      fermentation bucket. I welcome your thoughts and comments.

      Thanks again for a great new group.

      Flyboy :)