Re: [new_distillers] Water pumps and cooling

  • John Vandermeulen
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 30 3:38 PM
      Hello Scott,
      you have discovered what I have been railing about for the past year - that
      the cooling tubes passing through the column completely upset the conditions
      for reflux. In my case I had two pass-thru tubes and could not achieve
      stability, with temmp. wandering all over. But once I removed them,
      especially th bottom one, everything settled down. The reflux depends on a
      stable graduated 'stack' of temperatures, decreasing as one goes up the
      column. Putting a cooling source at the bottom of this stack of course
      effects this stacking of temperatures negatively, and in fact can eliminate
      it completely.
      all the best,
      John V