Re: [new_distillers] A Quantity question

  • Mike Seaney
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 6, 2001
      Oz,

      thanks again - I guess the wonderful heady aroma in the kitchen while
      I'm cooking is taking a goodly amount, especially over 12 hours or so.

      Regards.

      Mike
    • janpam ooms
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 7, 2001
        Mike,i dont think you should change the amount of sugar you use as the yeast
        uses up only the sugar it needs as far as i know. you better start looking
        at better temperature control during fermentation. I have just finished
        another batch. 6 kg of sugar,high temp yeast and 25 litres of water.
        results:4 litres of 80%.2 litres of shit, high and low temp alcohol, which i
        keep for a second distillation. Keep up the good work. Jan.