Re: [new_distillers] Essences and Yeast

  • Lance Larson
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27, 2001
      For Yeast Dear Mr Larson,
      Attached are some technical sheets about Enoferm L2226 yeast plus the
      nutrients, Actiferm 1 & 2 and Fermaid K. Along with the sheets is a
      complete product listing for fermentation products which Vinquiry offers.

      Thank you for your interest. One of the questions you asked was about yeast
      to inhibit malolactic bacteria. True, some yeast's are more supportive of
      mlf, but the only yeast which is somewhat inhibitory is EC1118 or Pris de
      mousse. It is thought that the main reason it is inhibitory is the fact
      that it produces more SO2 than other strains and is nutrient competitive.

      Best regards,

      Shirley Molinari

      Vinquiry, Inc phone: 707-838-6312
      7795 Bell Road fax: 707-838-1765
      Windsor, CA 95492
      USA

      see attachment
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 27, 2001
        Hi All,

        I am looking for a few shops here in the US to
        purchase quality Essences and Yeasts. I have seen the
        Home Distillation of Alcohol web site, this is a great
        source of information, thanks. Partyman is good but
        the shipping hurts:( If anyone knows of any in the
        United States, it would be a great help.

        Thanx

        ShineOn