Essences and Yeast

  • John Fuller
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 27 12:57 PM
      Looking for supply shops in the US. I mainly need Essences and
      Yeasts. I have seen the Home Distillation of Alcohol site, a great
      site!! Partyman is great, but shipping:( If anyone knows of a few
      shops, it would be very helpful. Thanks for the great discussion
      site!

      Shine-On,

      John Fuller
    • Lance Larson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 27 2:22 PM
        For Yeast Dear Mr Larson,
        Attached are some technical sheets about Enoferm L2226 yeast plus the
        nutrients, Actiferm 1 & 2 and Fermaid K. Along with the sheets is a
        complete product listing for fermentation products which Vinquiry offers.

        Thank you for your interest. One of the questions you asked was about yeast
        to inhibit malolactic bacteria. True, some yeast's are more supportive of
        mlf, but the only yeast which is somewhat inhibitory is EC1118 or Pris de
        mousse. It is thought that the main reason it is inhibitory is the fact
        that it produces more SO2 than other strains and is nutrient competitive.

        Best regards,

        Shirley Molinari

        Vinquiry, Inc phone: 707-838-6312
        7795 Bell Road fax: 707-838-1765
        Windsor, CA 95492
        USA

        see attachment
        > Looking for supply shops in the US. I mainly need Essences and
        > Yeasts. I have seen the Home Distillation of Alcohol site, a great
        > site!! Partyman is great, but shipping:( If anyone knows of a few
        > shops, it would be very helpful. Thanks for the great discussion
        > site!
        >
        > Shine-On,
        >

        > John Fuller

      • John Fuller
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 27 9:01 PM
          Hi All,

          I am looking for a few shops here in the US to
          purchase quality Essences and Yeasts. I have seen the
          Home Distillation of Alcohol web site, this is a great
          source of information, thanks. Partyman is good but
          the shipping hurts:( If anyone knows of any in the
          United States, it would be a great help.

          Thanx

          ShineOn