still modifications

  • Jack Ricks
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 10, 2001
      Hi there.
      A couple of weeks ago I posted a question or two about
      my newley built still(1st time at distilling)
      As a result of the answers and the veiwing of Tony's
      site I have placed the cooling pipes in the tower. The
      results are marvelous( thanks for all the info.)
      The temp control is so easy now and the still is
      working in a way that has been described in a lot of
      posts from other members how their stills work.

      I am very pleased about the results of my still.
      The final results of the run on Saturday was 4 litres
      of 90% spirit from a wash made from 6kg sugar,turbo
      yeast(boy does that stuff work)and 25 litres water
      that was oxyegenated.The wash was .998sg after 6 days
      and I put it in the freezer to drop the yeast to
      provide a very clear wash to distill.

      The taste of the spirit is very good and I'm sure will
      get much better once it has been in the carbon for a
      while.
      The yeast from this run I have saved to use in the
      next batch in the method known as slopping back,I will
      post the results of this exercise in a week or so.

      Once again many thanks for the info I have been able
      to get from this wonderful site.
      I have attached some pics of my still for you all to
      see and would like any comments.

      Regards Jack

      a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
    • hillbillyman50@hotmail.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 11, 2001
        Jack

        Good looking still!!!!! I like the all SS easy to clean and keep
        clean. What is the wattage of your still and what is the Boiler made
        out of. It looks a lot like a new still that I am building. I have
        all SS still now and I like but I am building a new 10 Gal. still.
        You can see my old still on Tony's web site. (Homer's Still)

        Good luck

        Homer