copper pot scrubbers

  • yahoo
    Message 1 of 16 , Feb 9, 2001
      I found copper pot scrubbers at Pic and Save... 99cents for 3
      So Calif.
      bugs

    • emerson715
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 17, 2005
        Has anyone out there used "Chore Boy" copper pot scrubbers?? Are they
        pure copper or some copper coated something else??
      • jkirby007@aol.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 17, 2005
          walmart has a good grade of copper scrubbers and as they have a good set of
          stainless steel, ive used both and find that the stainless steel is much
          better and easier to clean for me ,I see better and purer production w stainless,
          as much as 5 to 7 % better purity and that werks for me
          jesse jkirby007@...

          ps after last nite`s show on cops im hiding my stuff better and cuttin off
          my friends from my hooch

        • kiss my ass
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 17, 2005
            I have used chore boy and they are ok but the very best is BRAWNY... they
            come in a box of 2 that says 50% larger... unravel one scrubber into the two
            pieces that each is made from and roll them up into one roll that fits
            perfectly into a 2 inch column......I tie each roll around the middle with a
            piece of small copper wire to hold it together.. ....these are better than
            the amphora packing ...I know I will take a hit for saying that but is is
            true.....they do cost a little bit more than the amphora mesh.....they are
            sold by Ingles Markets in this area...southeast US

            Kim
            > walmart has a good grade of copper scrubbers and as they have a good set
            > of
            > stainless steel, ive used both and find that the stainless steel is much
            > better and easier to clean for me ,I see better and purer production w
            > stainless,
            > as much as 5 to 7 % better purity and that werks for me
            > jesse jkirby007@...
            >
            > ps after last nite`s show on cops im hiding my stuff better and cuttin
            > off
            > my friends from my hooch

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Levi Langershank
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 17, 2005
              I stopped by Ingles,in Athens,the other day....$10.99 per lb for
              Ribeye!!!!!.....definately the highest prices in town....:>)...oh,almost
              forgot,JMPO...:>)

              >From: "kiss my ass" <kiss_my_ass@...>
              >Subject: Re: [new_distillers] copper pot scrubbers
              .....they are
              >sold by Ingles Markets in this area...southeast US
              >
              >Kim

            • Mike Nixon
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 17, 2005
                kiss my ass wrote:

                I have used chore boy and they are ok but the very best is BRAWNY... they
                come in a box of 2 that says 50% larger... unravel one scrubber into the two
                pieces that each is made from and roll them up into one roll that fits
                perfectly into a 2 inch column......I tie each roll around the middle with a
                piece of small copper wire to hold it together.. ....these are better than
                the amphora packing ...I know I will take a hit for saying that but is is
                true.....they do cost a little bit more than the amphora mesh.....they are
                sold by Ingles Markets in this area...southeast US
                =====================
                Hi Kim,

                Please do not take this as a "hit", but as a serious question. In what way
                are these scrubbers better than the Amphora mesh? We did a lot of testing
                of many different products, but couldn't find any that had a better
                structure for use as packing ... surface/volume ratio, thread shape, weave
                structure (to prevent clumping), pure copper, ability to form slugs of mesh
                of any diameter, etc.

                I have no doubt that you find the Brawny scrubbers very good (we did too, as
                well as Chore Boy!), but is it because you find them easier to use, or what?
                Would they be equally as easy to use if packing columns with other
                diameters?

                As I said Kim, this is NOT intended as a "hit" or as a cheap commercial ...
                I'm seriously interested as we are always looking for better ways of doing
                things.

                All the best,
                Mike N
                Amphora Society
              • suitcase1499@aol.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 17, 2005
                  In a message dated 1/17/2005 4:34:44 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                  mike@... writes:

                  kiss my ass wrote:

                  I have used chore boy and they are ok but the very best is BRAWNY... they
                  come in a box of 2 that says 50% larger... unravel one scrubber into the two
                  pieces that each is made from and roll them up into one roll that fits
                  perfectly into a 2 inch column......I tie each roll around the middle with a
                  piece of small copper wire to hold it together.. ....these are better than
                  the amphora packing ...I know I will take a hit for saying that but is is
                  true.....they do cost a little bit more than the amphora mesh.....they are
                  sold by Ingles Markets in this area...southeast US

                  They are also sold at Bi- LO supermarkets and they are in fact the best I"ve
                  used and Idon't have to order them just go down to the market and pickem up.
                  Around here the Brawny with 50% more is $1.49 per pack of 2 which is actually 4.

                  Suitcase

                • suitcase1499@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 17, 2005
                    In a message dated 1/17/2005 12:39:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                    jkirby007@... writes:

                    ps after last nite`s show on cops im hiding my stuff better and cuttin off
                    my friends from my hooch

                    You think maybe the pot plants might have had a little something to do with
                    that???

                    Suitcase

                  • deviljug
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 17, 2005
                      --- In new_distillers@yahoogroups.com, "emerson715"
                      <emerson715@y...> wrote:

                      > Has anyone out there used "Chore Boy" copper pot scrubbers?? Are
                      they
                      > pure copper or some copper coated something else??

                      have used both chore boy & the brawy. the copper mesh (amphora)
                      would get my vote. a considerable advanage. clete
                    • kiss my ass
                      Message 10 of 16 , Jan 17, 2005
                        Mike,

                        I have nothing at all bad to say about the amphora mesh, it's just that the
                        brawny scrubbers are made of a little heavier copper and they are just the
                        right size for the 2 inch column.... I used the amphora mesh and don't think
                        it functions any differently than the brawny..... it's just a personal
                        choice.

                        The roll of amphora I bought was 30 feet (I think) and it wasn't enough to
                        fill my 4 foot column.... so I bought a few scrubbers of different brands
                        and finally settled on the brawny with the 50% bigger on the box.... I
                        liked them so well that bought enough to fill the column and that's what I
                        use now..

                        Kim

                      • jkirby007@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 16 , Jan 17, 2005
                          hehehehehehehe yep it did but these boys mean business and they gonna git us
                          if they can, i used to be one of em till i retired .
                          but our whisky is the best and doesnt even resemble what they were trying to
                          lay on us .
                          I make gud whisky and im proud of it ,
                          arte there any of us ex 007 out there that make gud stuff.
                          keep the faith we are a dyin breed

                          jesse jkirby007@...

                        • jkirby007@aol.com
                          Message 12 of 16 , Jan 17, 2005
                            i still say that w what ive saw and learned aboiut scrubbers id stick to ss
                            steel they just do a better job and are easier to clean

                          • jkirby007@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 16 , Jan 17, 2005
                              brawny is what walmart has and chore boy also they work good and also the ss
                              steel i use is by Arden bought at walmart for 99 cents for 2
                              jesse jkirby007@...

                            • Levi Langershank
                              Message 14 of 16 , Jan 17, 2005
                                Whats to clean?...after I finish with a batch(2-4 runs),I rinse the boiler
                                with some of my cooling water...I then place 2-3 qts of the same water in
                                the boiler and run it full-blast till I have collected a quart or so...then
                                I remove the cap from my column and run it for an additional 6-8
                                minutes...remove the column and let it drain and dry......after 15 or 20
                                batches the copper still looks good.......:>)