My new carbon filter design

  • tony6163
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2 11:37 PM
      Hello Folks, I thought I'd post a couple of pics of my original
      carbon filter using plastic coke bottles (and it worked pretty well)
      and my latest creation from stainless steel. The new filter consists
      of three canisters, the unfiltered alcohol is fed into the top
      canister and the drip rate is set. The alcohol drips into a tube that
      reaches the bottom of the filter canister and must travel up though
      the carbon to reach the draw off tube that drops into the collection
      canister. I figure I can prime the carbon with already filtered
      spirit then pour in a few litres of unfiltered spirit in the top
      canister, set the drip rate then return a few days later for some
      very clean spirit. you can see the pics in the files section in the
      tony6163 folder, I'd love to hear some comments on this setup.

      regards
      Tony